1. Computer not switching on:
- Check whether all the cables are plugged in and switches are turned on properly.
- Check whether the monitor is turned on and is properly plugged into the computer.
- Change the fuse in the cable to rule out the chances of a short circuit.
- Check your extension cord if using one. Try a different known working socket since sometimes the problem could be external and change power lead.
- Check whether any button or switch is stuck and correct it.
- The battery may be incorrectly installed and giving power problems. Check the battery and to be fully sure, take out the computer from the power socket, remove the battery, press the power button on the laptop and wait for 5 seconds. Replace the battery and plug in the power adapter. Switch on the computer. This should fix your laptop. But, in case, these don’t work, take it to your comp expert.
2. Computer is muted/speakers are not working:
- First thing is to check whether your speakers are on and plugged in properly.
- Check that the speaker is connected to the right port (Green to Green) because only then the audio blasts out of the speakers.
- Check if the volume of the computer is turned up or if it is at the minimum level which would keep it muted as a rule!
- Check if you have muted the speakers in the taskbar and unmute it if you have.
3. Monitor screen is blank:
- Check if the monitor is correctly connected, plugged in and turned on.
4. Laptop turns off without warning signs:This happens due to the following reasons:
- A faulty AC adaptor was not being able to take in the right amount of power
- Processor getting overheated.
- There is a sudden increase in the power voltage getting into the adaptor which turns off the laptop automatically to safeguard it.
- The battery in the system getting heated up.
5. Booting problems:Make sure there are no CDs or DVDs in your laptop drive when you start your computer. This is the most common cause of the message, “Invalid system disk, Reboot drive.”
6. One of the drives is missing from the computer window:If you turn on the computer and find that the CD-ROM or any other removable drive is missing from the computer window, it may be because of corrupt software or a failed drive.
7. Slow internet:
- Reboot your router and restart your computer (reboot router by unplugging and plugging back in after 5 minutes)
- Check for malware and spyware infections. Check for problems with your provider
- Check other reasons for slow internet